Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John C Sefter Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteopathic Manipulation
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Spinal Fusion
- Bone Transplantation
Showing 5 of 17
I have had 2 lower back surgeries & Dr. Sefter did both of them. He phoned me at home the night before my surgery to see how I was feeling and that he'd see me in the morning. He REALLY knows the spine and is an excellent surgeon. With that said, he is a little quirky and will ramble on about non-relevant topics. If you need surgery on your spine - Dr. Sefter is definitely the guy to perform it!!
I needed lower back surgery to relieve a bulging disc pressing on a nerve bundle. The office staff got me in for an emergency visit, Dr. Sefter discussed and explained my situation and surgery was scheduled. He is extremely caring and supportive and I was out of pain immediately after surgery. I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon, or a nicer, more professional doctor. I highly recommend Dr. Sefter, and I appreciate all he did for me.
I was seen for the first 10 minutes in exam room, after waiting in exam room for at least 20- and then sent for x-rays. Meanwhile the dr. goes in with anohter patient and I wait another 25 minutes sitting in exam room. His demeanor was one of the strangest I have ever experienced. He did not stick to the topic and uses "sexist" comments. I was very dis-satisfied with my expense and visit here !!!
I was diagnosed with idiopathic scoliosis at age 11 with a double major curve. My pediatrician gave me a referral to Dr. Sefter, as he was close to my house. I, still being a young child, was terrified of what was going on - I didn't understand what scoliosis was. When I first went, I had a long wait time before a nurse took my vitals and led me to the room. She was extremely rude and unprofessional. Sefter was awkward and didn't know how to work with children. It was a very uncomfortable situation. At the time, my curves were minor, the top curve about 30 degrees, the bottom around 26. Between my first appointment with him and the time he suggested a follow up, my curves jumped into the 50's and 60's range. I started developing cardiac, musculoskeletal, and neurological problems, as well as pinched nerves from the scoliosis. It was then that my pediatrician recommended I see another specialist. I am now at Hopkins, in a back brace, and feeling a lot better. I'm really glad I do not have to follow up with Dr. Sefter.
Dr. Sefter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Dr. John C Sefter Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMartino Suhey Orthopedics, 1700 Old Gatesburg Rd Ste 200, State College, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John C Sefter Jr in this video.
Dr. John C Sefter Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near State College, PA.