Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John M Semenza has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. John M Semenza has the following 1 expertise
Dr. John M Semenza has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John M Semenza is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
This individual came in as an on-call anesthesiologist for my father's emergency surgery. He was not obligated to, but because he did, they were able to begin his surgery ASAP which in turn SAVED MY DAD'S LIFE. You can't put a price on that or a star rating. Our rating= the entire constellation of stars! Thank you Dr. Semenza!
I rate Dr. Semenza 4 stars. As a patient who relies on the surgeon to pick the anesthesiologist, Dr. Semenzas skill in pain management is above average. He knows his business; is highly competent and professional. He is quick and easy, as he is a sleep doctor and not an internist nor a surgeon where bedside manners count.There is no dry mouth, sore throat, grogginess, teeth sticking to lips, nor lingering affects post-surgery. He is gruff and seems impatient, but at least you wake up!4 stars.
46 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. John M Semenza accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsThe Queens Medical Center, 1329 Lusitana St Ste 604, Honolulu, HI
Dr. John M Semenza is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Honolulu, HI.