The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John A Shallal has the following 1 specialty
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. John A Shallal has the following 5 expertise
- Diabetes Complications
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Vascular Malformations
- Varicose Veins
Showing 5 of 8
I have been a patient of Dr. Shallal's for over 3 years now and feel I could not have found a better Dr. The Dr I had been seeing previously retired and iwas with a medical group and they just transferred me to another Dr. She was very unpleasant and non-caring. I called Dr. Shallal's office (his name was on our insurance) and was given an appointment within a few days. The BEST thing was when you call his office a PERSON answeres the phone not a machine. The ladies in his office are the best, very friendly and caring. Dr. Shallal is very through and takes whatever time needed to explain any problems and all results from any test taken. He even goes so far as to take your blood pressure himself when he see's you, he does not like for the nurse to do it for him before he sees you. I found this to be remarkable as each doctor I had seen before had the nurse do it and record it in the file. I will soon be moving from the area and will miss the wonderful care I have been given. Dr. Shallal and his staff are the BEST office in the Savannah area. He NEVER makes you feel like he is in a hurry.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
48 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1970
Dr. John A Shallal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSavannah Heart & Lung Institute, 5354 Reynolds St Ste 206, Savannah, GA
Dr. John A Shallal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Savannah, GA.