Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Sharrer
Dr. John Sharrer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Eugene, OR. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Sharrer is affiliated with PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center University District, Serenity Lane and McKenzie - Willamette Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John Sharrer has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 2 of 2
John Sharrer is the best doctor I have ever had. In addition to being very thorough, he LISTENS, cares and follows through. He cheerfully handled the TOTALLY Rediculous barrage of unnecessary paperwork my insurance companies piled on him, and kept them from dropping me several times. I wish I could keep him as my doctor but since I've moved from the area and now have different insurance that is not posible. I'm really going to miss him and will go back if my situation changes.
Dr. Sharrer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center University District
McKenzie - Willamette Medical Center
Cottage Grove Hospital
32 Years Experience
Graduated in 1981
Methodist Medical Center
Dr. John Sharrer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMcKenzie Family Practice, 1755 Coburg Rd, Eugene, OR
Dr. John Sharrer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Eugene, OR.