Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue beneath the skin of the palm of your hand
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Shimkus
Dr. John Shimkus, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Southampton, NY. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Shimkus is affiliated with Elmhurst Hospital Center, South Nassau Communities Hospital and Franklin Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. John Shimkus has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Showing 5 of 15
This doctor in one session took x rays, asked for a CT scan, and offered a cortisone shot on the spot. When the results came I had residual thymus tissue and he compared it to a woman who had cancer in her chest then ended with "if it makes you feel any better I'm always wrong about these things" . I went to my primary and two other surgeons at NYU cause I was super horrified and they all told me I had nothing to worry about and this was not something alarming, I did not have cancer or tumors or a mass or anything. He stinks and is super rude!
Dr. shimkus is very rude, unprofessinoal !!! Doesn't review his notes prior to entering the room, Didn't care what we had to say, told us if we didn't like it to go elsewhere!!! Nice response from a doctor!!! Worse ... we waited for over 2 hours to get a doctor who truly doesn't care about his patients. Again, horrible! Wouldn't recommend him or his staff to anyone!!
Actually said "that's life" when I was talking to him about my medical issues. Acted annoyed that I wanted an MRI of my back to make sure of diagnosis. Seemed bothered in general and not very friendly. Took personal phone call while I was sitting there. Diagnosed me correctly but I would never go back. Not caring or concerned enough for me. Office is awful as it's a medical office also and it's packed with sick people. Nightmare.
Dr. Shimkus is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Elmhurst Hospital Center
South Nassau Communities Hospital
34 Years Experience
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Graduated in 1979
Finch University Of Health Sciences
Dr. John Shimkus accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEmpire Stat Inc, 10 Turtle Pond Rd, Southampton, NY
Dr. John Shimkus is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Southampton, NY.