Dr. John Shuster Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Shuster?

Posted on September 30th, 2015

He listens to the patient and treats you like you have the right to make your own decision. He makes you feel that you can ask any question without the pressure to rush through the appt. He is a very caring Dr. who makes it feel more like a partnership rather then he given the orders. Yes, I would recommend him to anyone.

Ignorant and arrogant

Posted on August 25th, 2014

I had horrific arm pain on both sides, with spasms. A chiropractor ordered and MRI and a herniated disk was seen. Shuster spent five minutes with me and then ordered physical therapy which really inflamed the area. I tried to return to him but he called me and told me there was nothing wrong with my neck and to get off the drugs. Because of him, my doctor took me off hydrocodone which helped me endure the screaming nerve pain. I suffered so long that my spinal cord was compressed and I had a hard time to walk from the moderate stenosis. An excellent neurosurgeon from the area operated on my neck and my recovery may be as long as a year since my nerves and my spinal cord were compressed so long. This guy is inaccurate in his diagnostic skills and assumes that everyone on narcotics is an addict. Some of us just need to find someone who can read an MRI, make an accurate diagnosis and perform surgery so we can get off pain meds! I would never recommend this doctor.

Doctor's Response

Good morning. We apologize for not responding sooner as we just received notification of your review. We recommend you speak with a representative in our office regarding your individual medical care. Please contact us at (509) 344-2663. Thank you.

confused by bad reviews

Posted on September 19th, 2013

I had my back fused in 2004 after 2years of pain the first surgeon I had truly was horrible in that after he removed the bulging disc he sent me home in severe pain after 3 days when he couldn't figure out why after 2 months of agony ' numerous visits with my primary doc and ER visit all saying I needed to see my surgeon whom had no time to get me in Dr Shushter kindly within two weeks at a call from my doctor fit me in. That is not normal for a busy specialist he took great care of me and I owe my pain free exsistence to him now. I recommend him to my friends and would never let anyone else cut on my back. I think sometimes when we are in pain we are short-tempered and should reevaluate what we expect.

Titanium boy

Posted on December 18th, 2011

I don't actually know too much of how "friendly" Dr. Shuster was since I only really talked to him for about 2 minutes after the operation, nor do I really care since he is a medical professional and not my paid buddy. Anyways one day I was driving to work and in the next moment I wake up in a hospital bed surrounded by my family, shattered femur, shattered tibia&fibula, and broken left arm all with new titanium rods and plate for the arm. I was told I was hit by a truck (I was in a small car) and then an on-coming truck after that, both were frontal collisions on the highway. I stayed in the hospital for about a week, my recovery went so well that I went home and did my physical therapy with my parents, never finished my first bottle of pain medication and was able to get back into paint ball and fencing sports in the next couple months. Since then and now three years later you could never tell I have 3 metal bones (except for scars of course)I am able to do all the sports/work I want unhindered by my body. And I thank it all to a little self determination and Dr. Shuster's great work in helping me get put back together.

My thanks to a wonderful doctor

Posted on February 8th, 2011

I have been suffering with severe back pain for over 2 years. My doctor finally referred me to Dr Shuster. This doctor diagnosed my problem, finally! I wish I had seen him years ago. All the pain I had been suffering with and with a primary care doctor sometimes treating me with little respect and suggesting I was a drug seeker. Honestly, when you are suffering, you are seeking pain relief!! Dr Shuster gave me the option of having surgey, which I am happy to say happened almost 2 weeks ago! I can tell already that he "fixed" my back!!! He and his staff were all so awesome to deal with. I am on my way to recovery and I am soooo grateful! Thank you Dr Shuster!

Posted on January 26th, 2011

Did everything that needed to be dne in a timely matter.

Posted on August 7th, 2010

This is the meanest Dr. I have ever met. I am a nurse and my son recently saw him for a traumatic leg injury. Dr. Shuster treated him like absolute crap. Told him basically he would never walk normal again. Did not offer any solutions. Refused to treat him because he is a smoker. Totally prejudged my son. Would not do consult in hospital beacause as he stated "Your son is an 18 year old uninsured kid who came in the ER in the middle of the night" It would be hard to get an ortho surgeon in" Well, my son does have very good ins. and it is not even state subsidized. I hate this doctor with a passion. He has absolutley 0 bedside manner. Would not reccommend my worst enemy to him. Dr. Shuster you are a BIG JERK!! My son has had 2 other proffesional opinions since and their advice is 100% different from Dr. Shuster's.

Posted on October 16th, 2016