More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John B Sperry Jr has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. John B Sperry Jr has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. John B Sperry Jr has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John B Sperry Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
We saw Dr. Sperry bc my 4 month son had been vomitting for 4 hours that day. We were worried about dehydration at his young age, and if there was anything extra we could do to comfort him. Dr. Sperry did not want to listen to me or his primary care giver that day (baby's grandmother). He instead wanted to tell us the baby should not be eating baby food until 6 months. My son has been eating since 1 month old and was approved by main pediatrician, Dr Quattlebaum who also said he was in excellent health and a very happy baby on prior visits. Dr. Sperry also did not like pedialyte even thou it was the only thing my son could keep down. Without pedialyte he was not having wet diapers. Basically he did not focus on the problem and just said, he's fine, probably just a virus. Long story short. Ill stick with quatlebaum next time no matter what!
Excellent doctor, excellent diagnostician, excellent in the manner that he relates to children. No goofiness. He is friendly, warm to children, the relate to him. My daughter has been a pt since she was 5 yrs old. She loves him. I am very comfortable with his care, I like his professionalism and his attention to detail. Office staff pleasant and accommodating without going overboard. Easy to make appointments.I highly recommend Dr. Sperry and all the doctors of Charleston Pediatrics without hesitation.
Sc Medical Center
Dr. John B Sperry Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCharleston Pediatrics And Behavior Health, 198 Rutledge Ave Ste 1, Charleston, SC
Dr. John B Sperry Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charleston, SC.