Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John C Stark has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 2 of 2
I switched my 2 sons to Dr Stark as they are now "men " and no longer children as I was informed by them . Both of them liked Dr Stark and I had the pleasure of meeting him and talking to him about my 18 yr old , and he seemed very genuine. Unfortunately the Staff "lost " my sons original medical records even though they assured me I did not need to make copies they would just scan them in and call me when he would be able to pick them up. They never "called me" i called them and was informed they could not locate them. I asked for copies which they did provide although i did not receive all of them and called Monday and have yet to receive a call back from them. I called today -Wed. -at 4:55 they put me on hold for 5 min and 22 seconds,as my cell phone states.I hung up and called back and got an answering machine saying they were now closed. This is not a good way to run any business , never mind it being in the medical field. Although this was not the doings of Dr Stark , unfortunately it reflects on him, and it has put a sour taste in my mouth about Martins Point in general. As I work in the personnel office of a local company I advise a lot of people to seek care here, and will not be doing so in the future.I hope this level of care,or no-care , does not continue at Martins Point as it is convenient and again Dr Stark seems like a truly good doctor and my children felt comfortable with him.
Bridges to Excellence: Cardiac Care Recognition Program
Cardiovascular disease refers to a number of very serious and costly conditions, including Ischemic Heart Disease (IHD). To encourage more effective treatment and management, BTE worked with cardiac care experts
Bridges to Excellence: Diabetes Care Recognition Program
Millions of Americans have some form of diabetes, and millions more cases are undiagnosed. To encourage more effective treatment and management, Bridges To Excellence® worked with diabetes experts to develop
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Stark is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1983
Dr. John C Stark accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Choice PPO - ME
- Anthem HMO Maine
- Anthem Pathway - ME
- Anthem Pathway Enhanced - ME
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced Ind Direct Access NH
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced/Ind Guided Access ME
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMartins Point Health Care, 161 Corporate Dr, Portsmouth, NH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John C Stark in this video.
Dr. John C Stark is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portsmouth, NH.