Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John W Stoughton
Dr. John W Stoughton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tucson, AZ. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Adult Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Stoughton is affiliated with Carondelet Holy Cross Hospital & Health Center and Northwest Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John W Stoughton has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Medicine
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 21
My mom, age 87, has been seeing Dr Stoughton for years, and has referred friends who have received comprehensive care, all very satisfied. Luckily my mom hasn't had anything too serious but Dr Stoughton is very on top of care, he doesn't make much small talk but somehow conveys warmth and his face brightens when interacting with his patients. We've been very satisfied. Can't do better.
Dr. Stoughton has been our primary care doctor for a number of years. We've recommended him to a number of friends who have given us feedback about how pleased they are with his care. We are not novices to the health care system--with experience at the Mayo Clinic, University of AZ and AZ Oncology. Dr. Stoughton cooperates with outside providers, makes solid recommendations to needed specialists and has been on target with all health diagnoses. Patients leave his office knowing that Dr. Stoughton heard them and cares.
I have everyone in my direct family seeing Dr. Stoughton for years now.....there are 8 of us. He is always courteous, listens I mean listens to you. Alway available even under short notice...It is a great comfort to my whole family to have such a great caring doctor who works hard to keep us all healthy and happy= Thank you
Dr. Stoughton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
North Colorado Medical Center
Dr. John W Stoughton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Tucson HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsOrange Grove Family Practice, 2155 W Orange Grove Rd, Tucson, AZ
Dr. John W Stoughton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tucson, AZ.