Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. John C Strunk has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. John C Strunk has the following 14 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. John C Strunk has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. John C Strunk is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 125
9:45 appt. I arrive at 9:00 and don't see Doctor strunk until 11:30 by 11:40 he leaves the room that's it. You wait again for one of his nurses to walk in and say y'all can come up front. He is not a good doctor at all. He always looks like a depressed person. I didn't show up for this month's appt. and been trying to get my records with difficulty. I made an appt. to see a doctor a good distance away but it's worth the time and effort not to deal with doctor strunk or anyone at his office any more.
I been seeing Dr Strunk for a few years as well and it's always the same nonsense at this office. I don't mind waiting a few minutes but over an hour each and every time is not normal and Dr Strunk is out in under five minutes. I cancelled my next appointment. You don't get much time to talk it's not worth my drive to see this doctor. I needed a prior authorization twice in the last two years and it took almost two weeks before I was able to retrieve my prescription. I noticed so many problems with Dr strunks office it was time to go my own way for the better.
This place is awful. there's always a delay a so-called emergency. I can't even begin too time how long you wait before you are called to wait in a room again. some of the staff are nice and some are very ignorant. this place is just awful that's why I say don't even bother with Wiregrass Wellness Center.
This center is one of the problems why we have an opioid epidemic in Dothan. He is so overbooked that i personally had to reschedule several times before I said enough is enough and went to a Dr. Who wants to help people cope with their Mental Health problems. In my opinion he is unethical and he deviates from the standard of care and the oath to do no harm.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
22 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. John C Strunk accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsWiregrass Wellness Center, 201 Regency Ct, Dothan, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John C Strunk, MD - Psychiatry in Dothan, AL, in this video.
Dr. John C Strunk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dothan, AL.