Dr. John S Swango Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. John S Swango?

i have hand pain that Dr Swango treats, he is awesome at pain relief!

Don't disagree

When scheduling a surgery appointment don't disagree with the time given or he will not do the surgery, and the scheduler will get upset

WARNING- DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR

This is the most horrible doctor I have ever seen. He looked at a copy of two operative reports done out of state. One was for an extensive orthopaedic procedure and the other a nerve transposition. I had been told I needed additional nerve surgery, but since we were moving to Springfield, I thought I'd have it done here. Thank goodness, he didn't opt to do the surgery and instead as much as called me an addict because I take hydrocodone at night when the pain is so bad, I can't sleep. He refused to give me a prescription and said I was already addicted to it. I take one pill maybe once a week at night. Seriously....that's addiction? No one in my former state EVER said that. They were more concerned about my level of pain than a possible addiction. I"m 77 years old and in pain, no thanks to this physician. Then he told me I'd just have to live with it.Having been married to a physician, I can tell you this is the worst doctor I've ever seen and I think he shouldn't be allowed to practice medicine. If I could give him a big fat zero, I would

Dr Swango was nice and courteous until after he had done the surgery. On follow up visits he was rude and blew off my complaints of continuing/worsening pain. He never re-examined my wrist and informed me that he had taken care of the problem, it was scar tissue and he was dismissing me. The issue with my wrist is worse than before I was sent to him. I would NOT recommend him to anyone!!!

Insurance Company Tool!

Had two broken wrists one was crushed and needed a plate. The recovery is where things went awfully wrong. Dr. Swango was completely incompetent and instead of listening decided to ignore my pain and inability to use my arms anymore after the surgery. He wouldn't even answer my basic questions, instead blowing them off and changing the subject. 30 Days after my casts were removed he released me back to full work as a maintenance staff for a business. His ridiculous assumption was that I could pick up a jack hammer when I couldn't even hold a cup of coffee anymore. His reasoning behind this was that my pain, swelling, lack of movement, and extreme weakness was do to a mental block. He is RUDE, INCONSIDERATE, DOES NOT PAY ATTENTION, REFUSES TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR PROBLEMS, AND A COMPLETE TOOL FOR THE INSURANCE COMPANIES! The insurance pad his pockets by referring their patients so he will kick the patients out of the door ASAP or even before then to save them money. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR!

Wonderful, caring physician

Dr Swango did bilateral carpal tunnel surgery for me. He is a very talented, kind physician who made this experience as nice as any surgery could be. His staff is excellent and very caring. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

One of the worst!

As a professional guitarist, I went to him with a simple case of trigger finger. Instead of doing a tendon release, he kept shooting the joint with shots. The shots ruined the joint and caused a fracture. I finally went to a competent dr in KC and had the tendon released and then went through thousands of dollars of therapy to reverse the damage he created. AVOID HIM. He is lazy, incompetent and will take your money while he is ruining your hand.

Good

Dr Swango is great at his job however he does lack a little bedside manner. If I have to give up bedside manner for a great doctor time to time I would rather then getting a crappie doctor with great bedside manner.