Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John T Symonds has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. John T Symonds has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. John T Symonds has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 29
Dr. Symonds is an excellent and caring doctor. He is great with my granddaughters and calls them by their first name every time he sees them away from the office. He really listens to his patients before checking them over then he makes his diagnosis. He is not afraid to send his patients to a specialist, if he believes that is the best option. Anyone who asks for a doctor, I have recommended Dr. Symonds and will continue to do so.
Almost two years ago I was in need of a primary doctor or physician. Dr.Symonds worked me into his busy schedule. He has been there through 2 major surgeries still supports me and talk to me like an everyday person. I would say I made a great choice and for once found luck using him as my primary doctor
The Drs in Saint Joseph I have found to be the worst in the US. I had a MRI and two exrays because of knee pain and in ST Joe they said nothing was wrong with my knees. Dr Symonds said he wanted to get a standing exray. After the exray he said that my knees were badly chewed and ivory tized, I wasn't imagining the agony that I was in.. Finally after 3 years of agony I had a accurate diagnosis , and on the way to fixing them
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
36 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Dr. John T Symonds accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsSt Francis Hospital And Health Services, 2016 S Main St, Maryville, MO
Dr. John T Symonds is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Maryville, MO.