Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John T Ball has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
Dr. John T Ball has the following 7 expertise
- Kidney Biopsy
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
Dr. John T Ball has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John T Ball is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Ball has been my excellent primary doctor for many, many years, for several reasons: he's very knowledgeable, explains thoroughly what symptoms, test results, etc., mean--in easy-to-understand language; won't order unnecessary tests or pills; is very down-to-earth; rather than pills, etc., all of which of course have side effects, prefers that patients use natural treatment if possible such as exercise & diet (In my experience, I've found that too many other doctors simply prescribe a pill or drug); is compassionate & cares about the personal & financial situation of his patients & acts accordingly; takes time to ask pertinent questions and to explain things rather than, as too many other doctors, leaving patients in dark as to reasons for symptoms, tests, etc. In addition, Dr. Ball's quietly competent & friendly manner make it easy to talk thoroughly with him
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
44 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1974
New England Medical Center
Dr. John T Ball accepts the following insurance providers.
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & DirectionsAdvocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, 836 W Wellington Ave, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John T Ball in this video.
Dr. John T Ball is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.