Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. John T Boyle has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Pediatric gastroenterologists can treat a variety of diseases and conditions in infants and children related to their liver, pancreas or intestines. If your child has severe or recurrent abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea, a pediatric gastroenterologist can help you get to the bottom of it. They can also help identify the many possible causes of failure to thrive in infants.
Other common conditions they treat include Crohn's Disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, short gut syndrome and hepatitis C, as well as nutritional disorders like celiac disease and lactose intolerance. In order to diagnose and treat your child’s condition, gastroenterologists can perform colonoscopies and other diagnostic testing before deciding on the best treatment plan.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. John T Boyle has the following 4 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Crohn's Disease
- Esophageal Achalasia
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Dr. John T Boyle has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John T Boyle is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 5
I would never recommend Dr. Boyle to anyone I cared about. He does not consider parent opinion, he is condescending and antagonistic. He is a know-it-all, old school doctor who seems annoyed to even have to see you. He gave suggested a treatment plan in which parts of that treatment plan clearly GI against the recommendations of the World Health Organization and the American Academy of Pediatrics. Honestly, worst experience I've ever had with a doctor. So surprising for CHOP.
Very caring and thoughtful doctor who explains motility GI concerns in detail! He is genuinely concerned about my child's condition and does a fantastic job keeping me informed as he rules out causes, etc. He is such good of doctor that it is no wonder it was hard to make a new or change an appointment with him before we moved. He is one of two motility specialists. He is the one to see!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
46 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1972
Dr. John T Boyle accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsChildrens Hospital Of Philadelphia, 3401 Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. John T Boyle is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.