Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John L Tan
Dr. John L Tan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Tan is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano and Baylor Scott And White Medical Center White Rock. Dr. Tan has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. John L Tan has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
Showing 5 of 15
I was born with a congenital heart defect and went to see him because of some troubling symptoms. We scheduled an ecocardiagram. The day of the test he was not present. Never in my 25 years as a heart patient has a doctor not done a quick check after the technician has taken pictures. the cardiologists has ALWAYS discussed results right after with me. A week later I have received zero information. I don't see how he can be an adequate doctor if he doesn't take the time to examine his patients.
At the age of 47 I had a heart attack,afraid and mildly depressed, Dr Tan helped to ease my mind. Dr Tan took the time to listen to my concerns and assured me that following the prescribed treatment plan I would be fine. Today I am living my life to the fullest and thanking God every day I am alive.
When my mother fractured her femur and was admitted to Presbyterian Hospital, Han L. Tan (aka John L. Tan) put her on a ~20 drug CYA cardiac cocktail that left her so incapacitated that she was unable to get out of bed and participate in rehab and, consequently, ultimately died. Any attempt to discuss her situation and to alter or change her medication was met only with recited disclaimers. In 15+ contacts with Tan, neither I nor my mother got the slightest indication that he was concerned with anything other than his own personal liability.
Dr. Tan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. John L Tan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorth Texas Heart Center, 8440 Walnut Hill Ln Ste 700, Dallas, TX
Dr. John L Tan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.