Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John A Ternay
Dr. John A Ternay, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Knoxville, TN. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ternay is affiliated with Physicians Regional Medical Center. Dr. Ternay has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. John A Ternay has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John A Ternay has the following 13 expertise
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
Dr. John A Ternay has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John A Ternay is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
EXTREMELY PROFESSIONAL AND ALSO VERY KIND AND VERY CARING TO MY MOM AND MY SISTER AND I. THERE WAS A COMPLICATION AND SHE WAS TAKEN CARE OF VERY QUICKLY AND EFFICIENTLY. MY FAMILY WAS VERY AFRAID, BUT I NEW SHE WAS IN GOOD HANDS AND I WANT TO THANK DR. TERNAY FOR EVERYTHING AND FOR HIS CONTINUED CARE OF MY MOM. MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND CONTINUE TO GUIDE YOU IN YOUR CARE IN YOUR PATIENTS.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Ternay is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1999
Dr. John A Ternay accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEast Tennessee Heart Consultants, 900 E Oak Hill Ave Ste 600, Knoxville, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John A Ternay in this video.
Dr. John A Ternay is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.