Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Tessier
Dr. John Tessier, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Louis, MO. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Tessier is affiliated with SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital, St Johns Health System and Missouri Baptist Medical Center. Dr. Tessier has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John Tessier has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
Dr. John Tessier has the following 20 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Elbow Injuries
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Shoulder Fractures
- Sports Medicine
Dr. John Tessier has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John Tessier is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 47
I can't say enough about this doctor! He is, by far, one of the nicest, caring and compasionit doc's I've seen in a VERY long time! I have never had a long wait, but if there was, it's because he cares about talking to his patients-no matter how young or old, and now days it seems like they run in-look at your chart and run out! He does not ever do this! There are other docs-even within his large practice that do not have his bedside or chair side manner, so I would highly recommend!
Dr. Tessier is an excellent surgeon who takes time to explain your condition and answer your questions. AWESOME
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Tessier is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
St Johns Health System
Missouri Baptist Medical Center
SSM St. Joseph Health Center-Wentzville
Progress West HealthCare Center
Depaul Health Center
Des Peres Hospital
SSM Rehabilitation Hospital
Mercy Hospital - St. Louis, MO
Missouri Baptist Hospital Sullivan
37 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
St Louis University Hospital
Dr. John Tessier accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Carelink from Coventry Network
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMID COUNTY ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY, 845 N New Ballas Ct, Saint Louis, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Tessier in this video.
Dr. John Tessier is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.