Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Tiu MD, FCCP
Dr. John Tiu, MD, FCCP is a Doctor primarily located in Las Vegas, NV, with other offices in Phoenix, AZ and Phoenix, AZ (and 2 other locations). He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Tiu is affiliated with Usmd Surgical Hospital Of Arlington, Methodist Richardson Medical Center and Kindred Hospital Mansfield. He speaks English.
Dr. John Tiu has 5 locations
Dr. John Tiu has the following 3 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John Tiu has the following 1 expertise
Dr. John Tiu is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Tiu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Usmd Surgical Hospital Of Arlington
Methodist Richardson Medical Center
Kindred Hospital Mansfield
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Arlington
Methodist Medical Center
Medical Center Of Arlington
Methodist Mansfield Medical Center
Methodist Dallas Medical Center
Texas Pulmonary & Critical Care Consultants, PA
Scottsdale Healthcare Shea
John C Lincoln Hospital-Deer Valley
Paradise Valley Hospital
USMD Hospital at Arlington
21 Years Experience
University Of The Philippines Manila
Graduated in 1992
Dr. John Tiu Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. John Tiu's office for more information.
5701 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas, NV : (702) 877-9514
2625 E Greenway Pkwy Phoenix, AZ : (602) 788-7211
19820 N 7th St Phoenix, AZ : (602) 788-7211
2800 E Broad St Mansfield, TX : (817) 453-8883
911 Medical Centre Dr Arlington, TX : (817) 461-0201
Locations & Directions
Dr. John Tiu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Las Vegas, NV.