Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John M Townes has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John M Townes has the following 9 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Infectious Disease
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- HIV Infections
Dr. John M Townes has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John M Townes is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
28 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. John M Townes accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Summit
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence MyChoice NW
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOhsu Hospitals And Clinics, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR
Dr. John M Townes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.