Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. John V Tumasz
Dr. John V Tumasz, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. John V Tumasz has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. John V Tumasz has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. John V Tumasz has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 23
Dr Tumasz is a extremely arrogant & ignorant man. I could put up with his cruel behavior if he had half a brian. He puts on a big Christian front but behaves like a neanderthal. You would receive better medical expertise from your grandmother, I have no idea how this complete air head made it through medical school. In my 47 years of life I have never come into contact with such a rude, simpleton. If you care anything about your health or well being run the other way. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to this shame full excuse for a human being. I do believe my review of Dr Tumasz is much better than he deserves. I do have to say the girls in the office were very pleasant & accomadating.
What a joke. This practice is all about the $$$$ and they don't really care about their patients. I made it clear I was there for a preventative visit (allowed by most insurance once a year with no co-pay). They take your co-pay and you only get it back if the doc allows it. Well, this doc codes my visit as high cholesterol. We never even discussed cholesterol! He even gave me a script for blood work so how would he even know until I went to the lab and he got the results. I complained to the office manager and guess what? I didn't get my co-pay back. Instead, I got a letter a few days later saying, after 15 years, that he could no longer see me. WHAT?????? I never yelled or cursed during the conversation with the office manager. I was persistent because she couldn't give me a reason that made any sense., but that was it. Now I found a new doc and Dr. Tumasz is insisting In pay a 15.00 copy fee to have my medical records transferred. Why should I have to pay? They dropped me as a patient after 15 years over something ridiculous and now they want ME to pay them????? It makes me sick to think this doctor I have been seeing for 15 years would treat me this way. He is a phony and now that I have a new doc, I can see that he was not nearly as good a doc as I once thought he was. This was all a blessing in disguise. I also think all of the religious statues and pictures simply don't belong in a medical office. Especially one that does not reflect Christian values by their shady office practices. STAY AWAY! STAY FAR AWAY!
29 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Dr. John V Tumasz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTUMASZ AND LOBIANCO DOS AND ASSOCIATES, 7257 Revere St, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. John V Tumasz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.