Dr. John H Uhlemann Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John H Uhlemann?

puts his patients first and I truly enjoy being his client/patient

Ihave seen this doctor for some years for several conditions. First of all, he is educational and practical. He told me things that other doctors never mention. He is kind. He gives back to the community at large and I admire his ethics.

Great dermatologist

Listed as one of St. Louis top 100 docs at one time, Dr. Uhlemann is very knowledgeable, and has a wicked, dry sense of humor. He is fairly old school, no botox or fillers here, but I trust him with my full body checks after having basal cell carcinoma a few years back.

Awesome

Amazing Doctor

Yes, I agree it is hard to get an appointment as a new patient even as an established one it can be quite a tasking effort. With that said if you have an emergency his office is always more then willing to squeeze you in to see the doctor. I feel like the fact that it takes a while to get in to see the doctor should speak volumes about what kind of doctor Dr. Uhlemann is. As a Psoriasis sufferer I wouldnt go to anyone else when I experience a flair up.

Bad Experience

I went to the doc for a suspicious mole/growth on my back. It had all the signs of skin cancer that I have read about: changing size, texture, color, etc. and it ached when drying my back after shower. He looked at it, and told me "It didn't look like cancer", not to worry. If I wanted to take it off to wait until fall, 4 months away, when it wasn't so hot, to alleviate more chance of infection. A few days later I went back and said I wanted it removed and biopsied. I didn't know at the time that it is the law that anything they remove has to be biopsied. He started to question me as to "Why" I wanted it removed. I told him it was "strange", as in not normal. He asked me what strange meant. I felt he was trying to intimidate me. I told him I wasn't a doctor, and just knew I wanted it off. A week or so later, he had to call me when the news that it was squamous cell carcinoma. He advised I have it removed as soon as possible. Back to "It doesn't look like cancer". If that is the case, why do we have to do biopsies? I was also told that he teaches dermatology at Washington University. That is a scary thing to me. Would I ever go back to this doctor again?? I don't think so.

A great Doctor

I have seen Dr. Uhlemann for years and do not know a more caring person. In the Top Docs list year after year

Great physician

He had knowledge both deep and broad, answered all my questions with confidence and caring, made me feel like this was a partnership for me to get control of the things wrong with me. Only drawback: as a new patient, it took forever to get an appt.

WOW! The Dr. was very nice when I had a mole removed. It was a different story when I went back for what was a 8 second appointment. First of all the lady at the front desk told me I did not have a copay for a mole check and sent me into the Dr.'s office. I waited for 1 hour past my appointment time. The Dr. spent 8 seconds with me. Then a month later started sending me bills. Now they have told me they are sending me to collections. I say go ahead! The letter writing campaign I plan on starting will help me deal with the 40.00$ collection.

Derm Factory

By all accounts an excellent physician. Got the impression that he is an egomaniac. Made my appointment a month in advance. The day of my appt I called and told them that if my appt was going to be more than an hour later than the scheduled that I would need to reschedule. Yes more than an hour late is normal! After 1.5 hours I was getting ready to walk out. The receptionist rudely stated, "Well he had a dermatological emergency!" Oh please. He came out then and without apology said "I'm ready now, it's up to you stay or go." I stayed for the most impersonal most rushed appt I have ever had with no real resolution or education about my problem. This doctor packs his schedule with as many people as he can to make as much money as he can and clearly doesn't care about patients. Apparently a dermatology genius but other things are more important to me.