Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John D Ure Jr
Dr. John D Ure Jr, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Lowry City, MO. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine. Dr. Ure is affiliated with General John J Pershing Memorial Hospital. Dr. Ure has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John D Ure Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Weight Loss
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Family Planning
- Sports Medicine
Showing 5 of 12
I myself have seen this Doctor for about 5-6yrs.And to tell the truth he was the only one who would see me because of my illness is so bad all the other's would not because i am compliated as his other Doctor told him.and one more thing the reason I gave a poor grade to waiting time during a visit is because he make's dam sure your in the right frame of mind before he give's anything to you because he sure would not give you a thing if your severly depressed for a fact why be left open to more trouble then be in a room full canniable without salt,so I care very much for my Doctor John Ure duff,so he is the only one who is ever tried to help me.THANK YOU DOC.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ure is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Dr. John D Ure Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJohn D Ure Do, 306 N Mahan St, Lowry City, MO
Dr. John D Ure Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lowry City, MO.