Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John W Van Wert has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. John W Van Wert has the following 15 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Menstrual Pain
- Gynecologic Surgical Procedures
- Pap Smear
- Laser Surgery
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
Dr. John W Van Wert is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. van Wert's expertise is exceptional, and he demonstrates a genuine interest in my well being. REFRESHING! I really appreciate how well the office operates, and the great communicaction from the staff and nurses. It makes a difference between a good experience and a great experience. I wish my all medical experiences with other providers could be like this.
Several years ago, I was looking for a gynecologist and a friend referred me to Dr. John van Wert at Premier OB/GYN in Maitland, FL. What a great reference! The office runs efficiently, appointment scheduling is hassle-free, and communication from the nurses and office staff is timely and friendly. I have been very satisfied with Dr. van Wertâs medical care and greatly admire his vast knowledge and expertise though I have not had any troubling medical issuesâ¦until now. After failed appointments with other doctors, I made an appointment with Dr. van Wert, even though my medical issue was not strictly gynecological, but more hormonal. I just needed to meet with a doctor who would listen, and if nothing else, point me in the right direction. Dr. van Wert gave me his full attention, considered medical information I brought to the appointment without becoming defensive, asked clarifying questions, generated multiple treatment options, and most importantly, validated my concerns. Leaving that appointment with peace of mind and medical choices was such a relief. If you are looking for a doctor that puts caring at the root of practicing medicine and values the physician-patient relationship, then you will want to make an appointment with Dr. John van Wert. My only regret is that I did not take the time to share this information sooner so that others could benefit from Dr. van Wertâs medical care and escape the 6-minute, medical assembly line.
A new Doctor for me, this was a second visit to him. Everything went good.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
34 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Florida Health
Dr. John W Van Wert accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPremier Ob/Gyn of Orlando, 531 N Maitland Ave, Maitland, FL
Dr. John W Van Wert is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Maitland, FL.