Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John G Vanderford
Dr. John G Vanderford, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Southfield, MI, with another office in Novi, MI. His specialties include Emergency Medicine. Dr. Vanderford is affiliated with St Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital. Dr. Vanderford has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John G Vanderford has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I was in a triage-type room at Providence Park for 13 1/2 hours with unbearable back pain, had seen a couple of doctors, but nothing was helping. Dr. Vanderford came in after all of that and was so very nice and personable and put me instantly at ease. He immediately came up with a plan for treatment using meds here overnight. I was moved to a very comfortable room in the Clinical Decision Unit and by morning, I was mobile with minimal pain. He visited this a.m. as he said he would and sent me on my way. He is fantastic with great bedside manner and I wish he was in general practice. My favorite female doctor retired recently and I truly wish he could take her place. Great physician!
Great ER doctor treated my 90 year old mother. Sound medical judgement and kindness! Treats with courtesy and respect, listened carefully, explained things in a way you could understand. Definitely recommend without equivocation.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Vanderford is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Wayne State University
Dr. John G Vanderford accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John G Vanderford in this video.
Dr. John G Vanderford is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Southfield, MI.