Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John A Vanwagoner has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy & Immunology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John A Vanwagoner has the following 15 expertise
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Watery Eyes
- Drug Allergy
- Food Allergies
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Hay Fever
Dr. John A Vanwagoner is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I have been going to Dr. Van Wagoner for years and he has never been anything but caring. He has greatly improved my quality of life. He always takes plenty of time to explain things to me and is very compassionate. I have never experienced him being aloof or uncaring at all as the other reviews suggest - quite the contrary. I would and have recommended him to anybody needing help with asthma or allergies - adult or child.
I LOVE this doctor. I take my 5 year old son there. We have been going since he was two. He has asthma, food allergies and had chronic unexplained vomiting. We had been seeing a GI doc for a year for the problem when "Dr. John" got to the bottom of the problem. He changed my child's medication dosage and my son hasn't had reflux vomiting since. He was the first dr. to actually care that my kid was throwing up nearly every day of his life. He is thorough friendly and intelligent. I have mentioned his name to all my son's other doctor's and they all have wonderful things to say about him and what he brings to his specialty. As for comments about him being arrogant of demeaning, I have NEVER noticed. He is the best!
Dr. Van Wagoner has treated me for the last year for severe allergies and asthma. He has only seen me 3 times despite my continuing problems. He took me off needed medication and then claimed that my asthma is psychological!!!!!!! He has one back and forth on his treatments and diagnosis. He was terribly rude and demeaning at my last appointment. He also sent inaccurate information to my PCP!!!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
22 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1996
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. John A Vanwagoner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. John A Vanwagoner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Allen, TX.