Dr. John Vanwagoner Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Vanwagoner?

Love this doc

Posted on December 31st, 2013

Dr. V has never been anything but caring and professional with me and my son. He has helped me develop and navigate my complex allergy and asthma treatment plan for over 2 years. I am very happy with him, Sonya, and all of his nurses.

Excellent

Posted on August 15th, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Van Wagoner for years and he has never been anything but caring. He has greatly improved my quality of life. He always takes plenty of time to explain things to me and is very compassionate. I have never experienced him being aloof or uncaring at all as the other reviews suggest - quite the contrary. I would and have recommended him to anybody needing help with asthma or allergies - adult or child.

Best allergist around!

Posted on July 19th, 2012

I LOVE this doctor. I take my 5 year old son there. We have been going since he was two. He has asthma, food allergies and had chronic unexplained vomiting. We had been seeing a GI doc for a year for the problem when "Dr. John" got to the bottom of the problem. He changed my child's medication dosage and my son hasn't had reflux vomiting since. He was the first dr. to actually care that my kid was throwing up nearly every day of his life. He is thorough friendly and intelligent. I have mentioned his name to all my son's other doctor's and they all have wonderful things to say about him and what he brings to his specialty. As for comments about him being arrogant of demeaning, I have NEVER noticed. He is the best!

Posted on April 13th, 2012

Scheduled appointments with wrong dr. Never called back to answer questions. Don't answer phone during office hours. Charged days we didn't have appointments. Staff unable to answer questions. Gave wrong dosing information for my child. Thankfully I knew it was wrong and pointed it out to staff

Posted on July 29th, 2011

Dr. Van Wagoner has treated me for the last year for severe allergies and asthma. He has only seen me 3 times despite my continuing problems. He took me off needed medication and then claimed that my asthma is psychological!!!!!!! He has one back and forth on his treatments and diagnosis. He was terribly rude and demeaning at my last appointment. He also sent inaccurate information to my PCP!!!

Outstanding doctor

Posted on April 28th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Van Wagoner for several years and have found him to be an amazing doctor. He has dramatically improved my quality of life and has always been extremely compassionate towards me. He takes his time to explain everything and never seems rushed or inconvenienced the way some doctors do. I am super picky about doctors and Dr. V is one of the very few I have encountered that I truly respect. I would and have recommended him highly to several people with no reservations at all.

Posted on June 22nd, 2010

I absolutely love this office. My son was sent Dr. Vanwagoner when he was about 2. Our first visit was a little intimidating. He said that our visit to him was long overdue. He did a very thorough evaluation and made changes to our treatment plan. We have been through many tests, labwork, etc. My son is now 7. I can honestly say that he is a different child than the one that we first took in to this office. He maintains a much healthier life now. Our whole family has a much better understanding of the immune and asthma process; and how to appropriately treat it. He seems to genuinely take an interest in what I have to say as a parent and discuss his decisions on treatment with me. He takes his time to sit down and talk to me on a level that I can understand. (at least some of the info; the immune system is a little overwhelming to me) The office staff has always been extremely courteous and professional. I am very grateful that we were referred to Dr. Vanwagoner. He has really improved my son's quality of life. I now give his name and office info to anyone I know that is having difficulty with frequent respiratory infections, bad asthma maintenance, or allergy problems that don't seem to be improving with primary care. This office can really help.

This doctor needs help with how to work with his patients

Posted on February 26th, 2010

His nurse was very nice, but he was demeaning like the other person said that reviewed him. He showed my son who is 10 what good lungs look like and what bad ones look like and said my son's were bad and went on to say that he (the doctor) was lucky to not have this problem and that his own kids didn't have it either and how lucky they were. As if my poor "unlucky" son needed to hear that. I was shocked. It was like the doctor had no clue how he was making my son feel. Then he went on to say that I (the parent) was mismanaging his asthma and this was after I had been going to him for 2 years. If he wanted me to manage it better why hadn't he been a better doctor in telling me sooner. My last appt. with him before this one I didn't even get to see the doctor only a nurse. This guy has mismanaged his ego and needs to learn how to work with his patients. He made my son and I feel terrible when we left, not better!

Posted on January 26th, 2010

Dr. Van Wagoner is extremely caring and thorough. I have visited his office several times and he was takes plenty of time to address any questions or concerns I have and is available after hours if needed. I have gone to other doctors and he is by far the one I trust the most.

Patient

Posted on May 11th, 2009

Many tests in the office that were very expensive and not sure they were worth it all

How Disappointing for a doctor

Posted on March 11th, 2009

He literally asked me questions and gave me the option to say either Yes or No to them. Seemed aggravated to talk with me and treated me in demeaning manner. Told me I should see my PCP.

Posted on April 12th, 2016