Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. John J Vargo
Dr. John J Vargo, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Youngstown, OH, with another office in Elyria, OH. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Vargo is affiliated with St Elizabeth Boardman Health Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John J Vargo has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. John J Vargo has the following 10 expertise
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Urinary Incontinence
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- EOL Care
Dr. John J Vargo has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 31
I'm Very impressed with this doctor .. Over the years I've been seen by many doctors I've never experienced a Doctor Who has cared and spend as much time in detail what is his patients Over the years I've been seen by many doctors I've never experienced a Doctor Who has cared and spend as much time in detail what is his patients his staff was very professional And on top of things.
Dr. Vargo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Montefiore Medical Center
Dr. John J Vargo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Aultcare HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. John J Vargo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Youngstown, OH.