Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John F Vela has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I've been going to Dr.John Vela for over 35 yrs. He and his staff are fantastic, and they've taken wonderful care of myself and my family also! I highly recommend him! Sometimes I have a bit of a wait in the office, but that is because he PERSONALLY CARES about all of his patients and spends as much time with them as they need. He answers any and all questions, no matter how trivial. He always gives an accurate diagnosis. I couldn't find a better Dr. anywhere!
My family has been trusting Dr. Vela with our health for a long time. He usually has a wait in his office, but he is totally worth that wait. Even when he is behind he takes as much time with you as you need, answering any and all questions with true compassion. With his experience, his diagnosis is always right on target and he does not hesitate to send you to a specialist if necessary. He has taken care of me since I was born and he now sees my two children, and we do not have one complaint with him.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Vela is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Dr. John F Vela accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
- HealthSpan Access PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJohn F Vela Md Inc, 71 Saint Francis Ave, Tiffin, OH
Dr. John F Vela is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tiffin, OH.