- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John P Vermeulen MD
Dr. John P Vermeulen has 2 locations
1085 Main St
South Weymouth, MA 02190
Dr. John P Vermeulen has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John P Vermeulen has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 2 of 2
Nurse Practitioner who is a patient.
Self-verified patient of Dr. John P Vermeulen - Posted on November 25th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. John P Vermeulen - Posted on January 17th, 2013
40 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. John P Vermeulen Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
More about Dr. John P Vermeulen
John Vermeulen graduated from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. He completed his residency and internship at University of Minnesota Hospitals. He completed his clinical fellowship in gastroenterology at Brigham and Womens Hospital and a research fellowship in gastroenterology at Brigham and Womens Hospital. He is a former clinical instructor in medicine at the University of Minnesota and Veterans Administration Medical Center. He is a former instructor in medicine at Harvard Medical School. He is a former chief in clinical gastroenterology at Brockton-West Roxbury Veterans Administration Center. He has been an invited lecturer of digestive diseases to numerous societies and educational institutions. He is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. He is a member of South Suburban Gastroenterology.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John P Vermeulen, MD - Gastroenterology in South Weymouth, MA, in this video.
Dr. John P Vermeulen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near South Weymouth, MA.