Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John L Verrilli
Dr. John L Verrilli, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Shoreline, WA. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Verrilli is affiliated with Harborview Medical Center, Swedish Medical Center Ballard Campus and Overlake Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John L Verrilli has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Cholesterol Management
- Preventive Medicine
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Hands down the rudest doctor I've ever visited with. Cuts you off mid sentence, turns questions around on you and has 0 empathy. Heard doctor bad mouthing office workers, questioning competency of other doctors and joking about patients through the door. He's obviously very smart but should not be working with the public.
Dr. Verrilli is the best doc I've been to in my 40+ years. I've seen a couple of post that he'll ask a number of questions like a cross-examination. He does. And, frankly, that's part of the great care. When in doubt, he'll order the test/s vs tell you to monitor things and come back in a month. He excels in preventative care and he in methodical and comprehensive in his approach. He'll also spend time with the patient--not just rush you through like most docs. GREAT doctor.
Here's how it works with Dr. Verrilli (and he has been my primary care physician for close to twenty years, and I have followed him out the door twice now when he has changed practices). He has a particular list of routine stuff he has to get out of the way. He rattles this stuff off like bullets. It's part of the protocol, but because he wants to be punctual for everyone (and I have had him apologize for making me wait 15 minutes!), he gets the crap out of the way first. Just do it, yes/no. THEN he will look you in the eye and listen to your health problem. He is brilliant and leaves no possible stone unturned; if in doubt, he orders tests, and because of this, my husband was diagnosed early enough with stomach cancer that he was saved. Most stomach cancer is found on autopsy, but instead of shoving a bottle of Maalox at my spouse, he did that AND ordered an endoscopy and colonoscopy. He saw him daily at Swedish, and had 6 other specialists on board. It's been 9 years since then, and we owe this man a life. If he is brisk and you need your hand held, go somewhere else to someone who will pet you and praise you, but may not know what he knows or be connected to the specialists that he can pull on board. If you have serious health issues, this is the man to see. As he would say: "Any questions?"
Dr. Verrilli is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1973
University Of Washington Medical Center
Dr. John L Verrilli accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRichmond Internal Medicine, 355 NW Richmond Beach Rd, Shoreline, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John L Verrilli in this video.
Dr. John L Verrilli is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Shoreline, WA.