Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Villacis
Dr. John Villacis, MD, FAAAAI is a Doctor primarily located in Austin, TX, with other offices in Austin, TX and Round Rock, TX . He has 14 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy and Immunology. Dr. Villacis is affiliated with St. David'S North Austin Medical Center, Seton Medical Center Williamson and St. David'S South Austin Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John Villacis has the following 1 specialty
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Latex Allergy (Latex Hypersensitivity)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
My primary care doctor referred me to Dr. Villacis for what we thought was allergies. After talking to Dr. V he determined I was suffering from hives. I was extremely impressed with the amount of time Dr. V. spent with me (and it was a Friday 4:00 appointment - just before the weekend). He answered all my questions and educated me about the possible causes and treatment options. I really appreciated how personable, meticulous and thorough he was. Many times I feel rushed and like a number when going to the doctor. This was not the case with Dr. V. If you are looking for an allergist I highly recommend Dr. V.
Dr. Villacis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. David'S North Austin Medical Center
Seton Medical Center Williamson
St. David'S South Austin Medical Center
Smithville Regional Hospital
Seton Medical Center
Seton Edgar B. Davis
Daughters of Charity Children's Austin
Daughters of Charity Seton Highland Lake
Seton Highland Lakes Hospital
Seton Southwest Healthcare Center
Seton Shoal Creek Hospital
Seton Northwest Hospital
St. David's Hospital
14 Years Experience
Texas Tech University
Graduated in 1999
Dr. John Villacis accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Villacis in this video.
Dr. John Villacis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.