Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Dalton Sr MD
Dr. John Dalton Sr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Quincy, MA. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Dalton is affiliated with Carney Hospital, QUINCY MEDICAL CENTER EMERGENCY ROOM and Steward Carney Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. John Dalton Sr has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John Dalton Sr has the following 10 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 5 of 11
Self-verified patient of Dr. John Dalton Sr - Posted on January 20th, 2019
Best Doctor I had ever been to.
Self-verified patient of Dr. John Dalton Sr - Posted on November 7th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. John Dalton Sr - Posted on June 23rd, 2017
Dr.Dalton is the nicest gentleman caregiver. I am deathly afraid of hospitals&needles.Never mind discussing internal intestinal problems.He put me at ease to explain "ALL"my problems/colitis,the big D, everything.Whenever Dr.Dalton performs a procedure on me,I'm relaxed&confident.Every 1 has been a breeze.His bedside manner&support of his patients while in the hospital are over&beyond.A visit/the Dr.leaves you feeling at ease,like a chat a friend. Thank you Dr.Dalton for ALL you do! Sincerely, Sharon Silvia Patient PS. Let's not forget to rave of his crew,all very helpful.Especially Hope Daggett,NP. very personable,great listener,&fantastic diagnostics skills.Thank You Hope,for your patients with me.
Self-verified patient of Dr. John Dalton Sr - Posted on June 10th, 2017
Pick another Doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. John Dalton Sr - Posted on June 10th, 2016
Beware of Steward Medical Group practice. Dr Dalton refused to allow me to see a Podiatrist that was within my health plan but out of the Steward Medical Group. I made several calls and waited 5 days to get an answer regarding my referral request only to be denied. The Office Staff told me I had to go to a doctor within the Steward Medical Group or the doctor would be penalized. Filthy office with dirty smelly rugs and chairs you can smell as soon as you walk in
Dr. Dalton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Steward Carney Hospital
South Shore Hospital
Boston Medical Center
New England Sinai Hospital & Rehabilitation Center
41 Years Experience
Universite Libre De Bruxelles
Graduated in 1976
Caritas Carney Hospital
Dr. John Dalton Sr Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsJohn Wilfred Dalton Sr MD, 1157 Hancock St, Quincy, MA
Dr. John Dalton Sr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Quincy, MA.