Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John W Mcmahon Jr has the following 3 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I would recommend Dr. McMahon to woman! He is an awesome doctor and takes time to answer questions and make sure you understand exactly what is wrong and how to treat it. I was nervous about seeing a male doctor and after just a few minutes with him I was totally at ease and comfortable and knew I was talking to a doctor who cared.
This office is horrible!!!! I moved to helena from a different state in the middle of my pregnancy and was refered to him and his office and I am blown away by the way they run things. In 5 months I only seen him 3 times, I had to see other doctors in the office. 90% if my apts they called me saying it needed to be rescheduled and that put me waiting sometime 5 to 6 weeks in between apointments. When you actually see the ob he is awesome very caring and answers questions you have. When going to an appointment plan in being there a minimum of an hour because there are always behind. They constantly have medical students treating you first then the doctor comes in.
Excellent Doctor. I wont have anyone else after having him. Came highly recommended and best choice I ever made. Very honest and to the point. During labor checked on me often and informed me of my options and let me make the call when things weren't going according to plan, ended up with an emergency C-section but that was my choice, and I did not feel pressured into making it. Sometimes the office visits get frustrating due to waiting forever or having to reschedule because he is in surgery, but if it were you asking questions, or on the operating table I'm sure you would be thankful he was taking his time with you. He cares about each of his patients, and is a great doctor. The office was wonderful at getting me in right away if I was sick, or worried about the baby, never an issue getting seen by someone. You wont regret going with Dr. Mcmahon.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
- University Of Washington School Of Medicine
St Marys Health Center
Dr. John W Mcmahon Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- PacificSource PSN
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHelena Ob/Gyn Associates, 45 Medical Park Dr, Helena, MT
Dr. John W Mcmahon Jr is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Helena, MT.