Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John W Meyer Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 25
For a year my mother came in repeatedly complaining of abdominal pain, acid reflux, nausea and vomiting. She would receive a prescription or two to treat her symptoms. She eventually end up having to have emergency surgery to remove half of her large bowel and 100cm of her small bowel due to a gangrenous gallbladder. She died 3 months later.
Dr Meyer is ok, but he NEVER examines me. And the staff he trained is just like him, except for this one newer PA. They do not touch the patients. Plenty of prescription writing, and they keep you coming back every month for refills. My bp (taken by "nurse" ) has been 145/110 the past two visits and no one has said anything about it. David at the front desk is rude. And once he is rude, guess I got on his bad side when I questioned a $300 bill, he continues to be rude-hangs up when I call, for example. It took five days for then to get a referral to a specialist- the "head nurse" called me at least twice a day with problems, then finally I called the specialist office and gave Meyer's head nurse all the info she needed, that she had said was impossible. I mean, really, no one at an orthopedic place does lumbar spines and takes Aetna insurance? Oh and let's not forget the PA who stood at the front receptionist desk and yelled to me across the patient waiting area about my prescriptions, so the entire waiting room knew the medication I was on. Nice. I do not understand why anyone would go here, unless it was an emergency.
31 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. John W Meyer Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSarasota Family Medical Urgent Care, 6813 S Tamiami Trl, Sarasota, FL
Dr. John W Meyer Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sarasota, FL.