Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Richard
Dr. John Richard, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Whitley City, KY, with other offices in Frankfort, KY and Lexington, KY . He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Richard is affiliated with Berea Hospital Chi, Saint Joseph East and ST Joseph East Lexington. Dr. Richard has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John Richard has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. John Richard has the following 2 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. John Richard has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 74
Dr. Richard's and staff are the most caring and compassionate office, that I have ever been too!! Dr. Richard spends the quality time with each and every patient as if they were the only patient. The staff were all very friendly and compassionate to my needs. I did have to wait awhile to be seen, but it was well worth the wait!! From beginning to end it was a wonderful experience and I will definitely will refer my family and friends there!!
Best doctor in Kentucky
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Richard is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Berea Hospital Chi
Saint Joseph East
ST Joseph East Lexington
18 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. John Richard accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Richard in this video.
Dr. John Richard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Whitley City, KY.