Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John W Sperling has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. John W Sperling has the following 14 expertise
- Joint Surgery (Arthroplasty)
- Bone Transplantation
- Arm Fracture (Humeral Fractures)
- Internal Fracture Fixation
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Prosthesis-Related Infections
- Joint Surgery (Joint Prosthesis Implantation Arthroplasty)
- Joint Diseases
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
Dr. John W Sperling is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
After a month and a half of anticipation for my appointment with Dr. Sperling, I could not have been more disappointed in how it went. After a 3 hour drive, I quickly got in to get the x-ray he suggested, and after a short wait, I was led into his waiting room by his "assistant." If we were to rate his assistant, a 1 star would be too generous. This man would ask me questions, and cut me off in the middle of my response just to ask me something else. He did not care about my response 1 bit, he just had to list off these questions as quick as possible before he waddled out of the room in his pastel colored suit like an absolute clown. Then shortly after, Dr. Sperling came into the room. He had me remove my shirt and do 3 very elementary movements before asking me where the pain was. After I pointed to the spot on my back, he said that area was more scapular and he did not work on that area... I sent copies of my MRI, CT, X-Ray, as well as notes from previous physicians a month in advance. All of which stated how my pain was scapular. And to top it off Dr. Sperling claimed he read my file! So he either made me drive 6 hours for a 5 minute appointment just to tell me he doesn't work with the scapula, or he is a liar. He might be a decent doctor if your symptoms happen to be something he is qualified to work on, but unless you live in Rochester and have time and money to waste, I would avoid him at all cost.
Wow, I saw a well known, Deroit area Orthopedist numerous times, and he performed 3 surgeries on my shoulder. I was still in serious pain. I went to my family doc who suggested I see Dr Sperling at Mayo Clinic. He agreed to fix it, got my surgery scheduled and I when it was over I felt so much better and was able to go home and to sleep. This is an amazing doctor!
I won't return to him. I've been treated at Mayo Rochester for about seven years and continue with them because of the Mayo Ethic and Mayo Model. In my opinion, this doctor doesn't chose to abide with the level of cares I've found to exist in nearly every other department. My office visits with him were short < 3 minutes, which I thought were insultive. He didn't spend time explaining much, just that it could be fixed. I found it rude. There's much better at Mayo.
Went to Dr Sperling to find the cause of my shoulder pain. Even though my referral was made 2 months in advance- he did not appear to have read any of the information. I drove 800 mies to have 1 X-ray and for dr sperling o tell me it's not my shoulder. I had to BEG him to send me somewhere else. He sighed and rolled his eyes at me... He finally referred me to pain management. He was basically rude, uncaring, and very put out. I thought the Mayo clinic had a standard of care... This guy was awful !
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
24 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. John W Sperling accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsMayo Clinic, 200 1st St SW, Rochester, MN
Dr. John W Sperling is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, MN.