Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John W Waggoner III
Dr. John W Waggoner III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Olympia, WA. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Waggoner is affiliated with Providence St Peter Hospital. Dr. Waggoner has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John W Waggoner III has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John W Waggoner III has the following 13 expertise
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Diseases
Dr. John W Waggoner III has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John W Waggoner III is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I met Dr Waggoner in the crazy environment of the emergency room. While all around me was crazy this doctor, this kind wonderful man was a see of calm. His eyes held me and said, we are going to get through this together. I ended up having a quadruple bypass at the age of 49. He got me through it, he looked not just at the physical but the emotional,, he cared about how this affected my family and my finances. A typical appointment will last 45 minutes with most of that the two of you talking, you talking him listening, and believe it or not hearing you. When he guides you out of the room you feel like you have been with a friend and that yes, we are going to get through the medical maze our bodies are in.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Waggoner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. John W Waggoner III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsProvidence Cardiology Associates, 500 Lilly Rd NE Ste 100, Olympia, WA
Dr. John W Waggoner III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Olympia, WA.