Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Wagnitz
Dr. John Wagnitz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sanford, NC, with another office in Pinehurst, NC. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Wagnitz is affiliated with First Health Moore Rgnl, Sandhills Regional M.C. and Sandhills Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John Wagnitz has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Wagnitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
First Health Moore Rgnl
Sandhills Regional M.C.
Sandhills Regional Medical Center
FirstHealth Moore Reg. Hosp. and Pinehurst Treatment
46 Years Experience
The Ohio State University
Graduated in 1967
Dr. John Wagnitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. John Wagnitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sanford, NC.