Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John G Waite has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
I don't know why so many people knock on this guy. He is a psychiatrist, not a psychologist. He prescribes medicine not provide you therapy. Seriously, you should be seeing a psychologist before deciding to go to a psychiatrist if you do not want to be prescribed medication! He graduated from Kings University in London, one of the top schools for Psychology in the world. He knows his stuff and has many options for medicine and dosages. He answers all my questions and is always willing to help. I am satisfied with this psychiatrist!
This Doctor is simply the worst I have ever had the displeasure of meeting, he seemed absent minded and within 3 minutes of sitting down was handing me scripts of Xanox and escorting me out to his secretary telling her I needed to see him in 2 weeks which she told him they had nothing available for 2 months, he says book him on standby, I asked what that meant he said I had to come in everyday and sit in his office from open till close to see if they could get me in! I asked could they call me if they had a cancelation he said no I needed to be there like standby on an airplane and be available if someone didn't show up and I had to do this everyday till they could get me in!!! Yes this is a true story and it scares me this guy is a doctor and prescribing Pills BEWARE!!
Dr. Waite was patient and thorough, and open to trying medications and modifications to help. He said that we could alter or change it however was needed depending on my reaction. He gave me a prescription and told me to follow up in 2 weeks, which I did and was able to report a lot of improvement. Overall, Dr. Waite is extremely knowledgeable regarding medications and their effects and efficacy and shows concern for the ability of the patient to function well on a day-to-day basis.
Dr. John G Waite accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJohn Graham Waite Md, 4760 S Pecos Rd Ste 104, Las Vegas, NV
Dr. John G Waite is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Las Vegas, NV.