Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Wasniewski Jr
Dr. John Wasniewski Jr, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with another office in Philadelphia, PA. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and General Practice. Dr. Wasniewski is affiliated with Methodist Hospital, Graduate Hospital and Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. John Wasniewski Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. John Wasniewski Jr has the following 1 expertise
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 4 of 4
I was initially referred to Dr John by a neighbor and friend because I was having difficulty contacting my physician and getting an immediate appointment and I had become depressed about accumulative recent family events. Upon my visit to Dr John, I was given the standard paperwork to complete on health et. He recognized my depression and would not write a prescription until I had seen a mental health provider. Those two visits to that provider led to hospitalization of 35 days for which I am truly thankful to Dr John and that provider. This was back in 1986!! He has been my doctor of choice since then and I refer others to him often.
Dr. Wasniewski is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Graduate Hospital-Tenet Health System
Saint Agnes Medical Center
St Agnes Long Term Intensive Care
43 Years Experience
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. John Wasniewski Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.