Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John C Weed Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hydatidiform Mole
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Cancer
- Uterine Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Pregnancy Complications
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Female Infertility
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Breast Cancer
- Female Genital Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
For anyone receiving a diagnosis of cancer, it can be terrifying. At my initial appointment with Dr. Weed, I was immediately put at ease. He provided quick information and I appreciated the efficient manner in which he provided care. He also performed my subsequent surgery to remove the cancer. He was attentive, answered all of my questions, followed up in a very caring manner. I would highly recommend him to friends and family for care.
Dr. Weed is rude, inconsiderate, dismissive, prejudice and arrogant. In a very vulnerable time of needing an oncologist, pick someone else. Do not go to Dr. Weed. He made assumptions about me that were not true that altered my cancer treatment. His plan did not follow best practices or provide a comprehensive treatment course.
50 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. John C Weed Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSarah Cannon Cancer Center, 2340 E Meyer Blvd Ste 310, Kansas City, MO
Dr. John C Weed Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kansas City, MO.