Dr. John D Whelan Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. John D Whelan?

, I was appalled how this psychiatrist made such a quick evaluation of my family members conditions considering this was our first appointment seeing Dr. Whelan he basically told my son and I since we both are on disability and don't have jobs we didn't need all our meds. He even made several comments about us watching soap operas all day long!!!! I could not believe some of the things he was telling us. Talking about kids abusing Adderall selling and crushing them up snorting them then tells me I should hide my meds from my son, I never had to before. If it wasn't for our Primary Psychiatrist Dr Michael Ishii MD ( whom we loved & had the utt most respect for & we were patients of his for more then 10 years) after battling cancer recently passed away. So we had no choice. Then he seemed to be questioning Dr Ishii diag & treatment & I don't think that was right !!!We need a psychiatrist we feel comfortable with & is trustworthy & Dr John Whelan is no the psychiatrist for my family & I.

He is the best Psychiatrist that i have ever visited. I do not regret it one bit !

Dr. Whelan is very nice. He knew what he was talking about. He was very helpful for my son. My son is Autistic and he was a real problem before seeing Dr. Whelan. He is a expert in his field. He was very good with my son. I am so happy I found a good Doctor like Dr. Whelan.

very straight foward...definately what i needed may not be to everyones liking but has his strong suits and id great at cutting thriugh attentiuon seeking behaviors!

this guy has the worst bedside manner ive ever seen. rude, opinionated and thinks he is god. terrible attitude for someone in this type of position