Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John E Wilkaitis has the following 4 specialties
- Psychosomatic Medicine
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. John E Wilkaitis has the following 11 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Substance Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Birth Control
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Dr. John E Wilkaitis is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
This man should not be allowed to even speak with children. First appointment, he was rude to both my children when they were in there with him at different times....one said he told him to quit picking at his face and to look at him when he spoke to him, he has a low self esteem and anxiety!!!!! My daughter said he told her to speak up! She has a communication disorder!!! WHY a professional who is working with children with disorders that is RUDE, expect a child to trust him? I made a second appointment and no showed. He has a stale personality and unprofessional.
Dr. Wilkaitis is an an arrogant man with no bedside manner whatsoever. He was extremely rude and condescending. I took my seven year old to him to deal with anxiety issues, and he prescribed adhd meds! Really? Any quack can misdiagnose adhd. If you want actual help with your child's mental health, avoid this man!
This doctor made a world of difference for my child. He was very helpful and caring.
18 Years Experience
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. John E Wilkaitis accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsJohn Elgin Wilkaitis Md, 3531 Lakeland Dr Ste 1052, Flowood, MS
Dr. John E Wilkaitis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Flowood, MS.