Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John J Willsen has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. John J Willsen has the following 12 expertise
- Basal Cell
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne Rosacea
Dr. John J Willsen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Willsen is my third dermatologist. I suffer(ed) from severe psoriasis. By the time I went to see Dr. Willsen I was covered from head to toe in psoriatic leisons, except for my hands and feet. My first two dermatologists were as uncompassionate as they were uncaring. I had become a shell of my former self. I switched insurances and thus switched dermatologists. I had suffered for so long, I was at the end of my rope. When I went to see Dr. Willsen for the first time, I was ready to play a strong hand, tell him what was up, what I expected, but his gentle demeanor dissarmed me. He sat down and listened to me. It was almost as if he <gasp> actually cared. I am clear today, thanks to Dr. Willsen. He treats you as a whole patient and not just the part of you that is a disease. He is kind, compassionate care. Thank you Dr. Willsen!
My mother -in-law and I have been going to Dr. Willsen and Gwyn for over three years and we both highly recomend them. Dr. Willsen is caring and compassionate and answers all my questions thoroughly and I am never rushed. He has even taken the time to copy articles about specific concerns that I have had. Gwyn, Doctors's Anestitian and office manager, is superb and he treats us like family. I love him and think he and Dr. make a great team.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
41 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente, 4125 Bangs Ave, Modesto, CA
Dr. John J Willsen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Modesto, CA.