Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John C Wirth III
Dr. John C Wirth III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with another office in New York, NY. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Wirth is affiliated with NYU Langone Medical Center. Dr. Wirth has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John C Wirth III has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
Showing 5 of 23
I like to visit Dr. Wirth even if the rest of the stuff is lazy at all. They never call you back, they let you wait a long time and always telling you that you will be the next. Last time I watched them how they handle the telephone. Sometimes they put people on hold while chatting happily with each other. But, Dr. Wirth himself is great. He is answering all the question, always has enough time for each patient, he is just excellent.
I just had my 1st visit at Dr. Wirth's office. It was the best ob/gyn doctor visit I've ever had. He was very kind and answered all my questions very nicely. He took time with me and I felt very comfortable with him. Other reviews mentioned his admin staff was rude but all staff were very nice to me (may be new staff??) I'm glad that I found my great ob/gyn!
I've been going to Dr. Wirth for a few years, but will be changing OBGYNs. NOT because of Dr. Wirth - I want to make that perfectly clear. He is an excellent doctor who takes times with his patients and answers all questions. My issue is with the administrative side of the office. I had an insurance issue and needed assistance from the office regarding a back-up letter to send to the insurance company. I called twice every week trying to get one and was constantly told that the doctor knew about it, that he had an email about, that he had a message about it - nothing. I did this for a month and then gave up on ever getting the letter. This lack of assistance on the insurance side (which is, unfortunately, a huge part of going to the doctors these days) completely turned me off. I felt like that since the office had received their money, they didn't really care about my end of it. Once again, I think Dr. Wirth is a GREAT doctor. So if you have kick butt insurance, please go here. If you think you might ever have an issue with insurance, reconsider. Getting assistance will be more trouble than its worth.
Friendly, professional and great backup during my childbirth
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Wirth is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Western Pennsylvania Hospital
Dr. John C Wirth III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John C Wirth III in this video.
Dr. John C Wirth III is similar to the following 0 Doctors near New York, NY.