Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Y Barbee Jr MSPH, MD
Dr. John Y Barbee Jr, MSPH, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Albany, IN. He has 53 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology. He speaks English.
Dr. John Y Barbee Jr has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
53 Years Experience
Graduated in 1965
Dr. John Y Barbee Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. John Y Barbee Jr's office for more information.
1919 State St New Albany, IN : (812) 948-4680
Locations & Directions1919 State St, New Albany, IN
Dr. John Y Barbee Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New Albany, IN.