Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John M Yalam
Dr. John M Yalam, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Scottsdale, AZ. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Yalam is affiliated with Tempe St Lukes Hospital and Scottsdale Healthcare Shea. Dr. Yalam has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. John M Yalam has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John M Yalam has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Dr. John M Yalam has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John M Yalam is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
After leaving the emergency room with extreme stomach pain I was referred to Dr. Yalam to take a look. I was in constant pain that went through my stomach to my back and could barely eat a bowl of cereal a day. Dr. Yalam scheduled me for surgery but wouldn’t do anything for the pain I felt. Over a 1 week period I lost 13 pounds and visited the emergency room multiple times. Dr. Yalam and his office couldn’t care less about the pain I was in or the extreme weight loss. This was reported up to Arizona Digestive Health but they didn’t seem to care since by then I had gone through the full procedure. Don’t walk, run away from this doctor!
After a colonoscopy by Yalam, he comes over to myself and my wife, his face frozen in anger, and proclaims that "I was the worst patient he had experienced". After three pronouncements that I was the worst, as an afterthought as he walked away, he says "I found no cancer and continue on his way.So while under anesthesia, I was the worst!This man is beyond words; he is devoid of professionalism. Today I wonder if he left "foreign objects" in my body while performing his "onerous"task. Beyond a genuine jerk! Have zero faith in this jerk as a man and less minus as a doctor.
After several different general medicine doctors, 2 years of doctoring at Mayo Clinic, no one could find out what was wrong(approx 8 years) Dr. Yalam performed an endoscopy and found out immediately what was wrong. Thank you! My exploratory procedure was done on a Friday and was called in the following Monday for the same day appt. He is very professional and "to the point".
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Yalam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Dr. John M Yalam accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJohn M Yalam Md, 9755 N 90th St Ste A205, Scottsdale, AZ
Dr. John M Yalam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scottsdale, AZ.