Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John H Yim has the following 1 specialty
Dr. John H Yim has the following 12 expertise
- Adenoma (Warthin's tumor)
- Thyroid Gland Removal (Thyroidectomy)
- Thyroid Cancer
- Parathyroid Gland Surgery (Parathyroidectomy)
- Parathyroid Gland Cancer (Parathyroid Neoplasm)
- Breast Cancer
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
Dr. John H Yim has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
When I found out that I may need surgery for my thyroid cancer, I met with few surgeons. Dr. Yim carries all the values I heard about City of Hope. He is an excellent surgeon. Some other famous surgeon missed the extent of my disease. He found out and he is so down to earth that he brought on another excellent surgeon within City of Hope for the part of surgery that he could do but felt it is in my interest the surgeon expert on that part carry that part of operation. My vocal cord nerve was different than normal anatomy and with my position of my vocal cord going through cancer, if any other surgeon operated on me, I would have no voice. Due to the difficulty that this resulted he spent additional 90 minutes to save my voice! He is very compassionate in his work and he has worked on some natural medication to help with cancer which I would be the first to buy when it comes to market. He is one surgeon that truly is in field to help his patients. He takes care of his patient by being available even without appointments. He even let me communicate with him through email. So, I hope if someone reading this means he/she may need surgery. And if you do, consider city of Hope and its excellent surgeons including Dr. John Yim.
Dr. Yim is a brilliant caring doctor and finds solutions no matter how complicated a situation might be. He leaves no questions unanswered and maintains a patient, personable, and professional attitude during treatment. The outstanding care and treatment Dr. Yim provides is an awesome example of the quality of doctors City of Hope provides that makes this hospital the most outstanding cancer treatment center. It is devastating to become a cancer patient, but the excellent treatment received at City of Hope helps to inspire calm and confidence in the treatment plan. Thank you Dr. Yim and City of Hope for providing the âbest of the bestâ patient care ever.
DIr Yim operated on me when the surgeons at UCLA and Cedars Sinai said I was too sick to operate on. He was confident and managed every aspect of my care personally. Dr Yim did a wonderful job and now I am healthy and doing great. He is a nice man and wonderful surgeon who gives the opinion he really cares very much about his patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
26 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Dr. John H Yim accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCity of Hope National Medical Center, 1500 Duarte Rd, Duarte, CA
Dr. John H Yim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Duarte, CA.