Dr. John L Zinkel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John L Zinkel?

Gifted Physician

Surgical skill and recovery results are exceptional - Very thorough with his patient diagnosis process.

arrogant, took 3 phone alls in the 15 min I was there, after waiting 45 min past my appointment time.

Dr. Zinkel was excellent with me after a test he did on my back he personally called me the next day to see how I was doing.

Dr Zinkel is a very good Doctor who operated on me twice, once for lumbar and also for cervical. The cervical one was the most important as I was close to becoming paralized and did not even know it. My spinal cord was very restricted. He was great as well as his staff. I would trust this man with my life, and I did. A very down to earth guy too!!!

Very good

Dr. Zinkel is my favorite Dr. He is without doubt the best I have encountered in his field. He has performed two separate spinal surgeries for stenosis in 5 different areas of my back. Surgeries were done with no after problems. Two - Three week recovery from his minimally invasive procedure and I was back to doing most things. Pain gone and life back to normal both times. I have recommended him to many other back pain sufferers and will continue to do so. He is a miracle worker. He spent all the time I wanted explaining things and answering my questions and even called me at home in the evenings each time to discuss MRI's in more detail. Couldn't ask for a better experience or a better professional.

A Skillful, Confident, Talented Professional

I suffered all summer of 2014 with bad stenosis in L 4 & 5. My quality of life was diminishing by the week. The pain, numbness, tingling, you name it, in my left leg had progressed to the bottom of my foot. I learned of Dr. Zinkel from an ER visit for my lower back and leg. I followed up with him. Here's what I think: My life is back! This guy cured my condition. And I mean completely! He's a first rate surgeon and scientist. At the first visit / consultation, he showed me my MRI, told me what he thinks should be done, why it was necessary, that my condition had progressed beyond holistic and non-invasive procedures, answered all my questions, was a professional through and through. So is his staff by the way. And he fixed me! My life is back. I'm back to work in 4 weeks, walking, moving, living absolutely pain free. My 81-year-old mother, it turns out, has painful stenosis. I told her to see Zinkel. I am taking her to see Zinkel. I would trust him working on my kids. If this guy were a pitcher in the major leagues, he'd have been Greg Maddox: a skillful, confident, talented professional, one of the best ever.

I love this dr he found my problem that the other neurosurgon could not.

Worst Doctor I've ever run across

He has an God complex. I can not express my distain for a doctor who simple would not allow a patient the opportunity to express their health history. He does not possess the necessary attributes to empathize with a patient.Get a second opinion.

I had spinal fusion surgery after suffering for 7 years, and other docs telling me they could help me but wouldnt because I was too young(39). Had it not been for this Doctor I would have never gotten my life back. Eternally Grateful

the best

one of the best in the Detroit area would recomend him to any one

THE BEST IN HIS FIELD. I WOULDN'T GO ANYWHERE ELSE!

Dr. Z is the best neurosurgeon in Michigan, maybe in the U.S.! I've had two back operations, both successful and pain free. Dr. Z doesn't allow his patients to be in pain. You are given very precise instructions, oral and written, when you have surgery. He makes sure he covers all the bases before he operates. He explains everything to you and your spouse. You bring copies of your x-rays, MRI's, CT scans, etc. and he reads them in the office. He also brings them into the room to review with you. His staff is great, friendly and helpful. If you are having back problems and are not getting relief, go see Dr. Zinkel. I guarantee he will fix it for you!