More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Johnathan B John Sr has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Holter monitoring
Showing 5 of 12
Unfortunately, I have had to see a great number of pediatric cardiologists because of my daughter's congenital heart defect. When we found Dr. John, I am telling you, it was the biggest answered prayer. He goes above and beyond what a parent could expect. I saw that another review said he was curt...In 7 years, with countless appointments, I have never experienced that from him. In fact, our family had to move to another city because of a job change, and we travel back twice a year to Tampa so we can keep him as our daughter's cardiologist. I would fly from Antartica to Tampa if I had to, to make sure my daughter was under his care. He is careful, thorough, patient, detailed, extremely knowledgeable, and has a positive and uplifting attitude. There are so many specifics, I could write pages about how amazing he has been with our daughter. If you are in the difficult position where you are looking to find a pediatric cardiologist for your child, rest assured that you will be making the best choice if you choose Dr. John. His office staff is very friendly too. It is true that you will wait a long time (usually 2 -3 hours for the entire visit), but the small inconvenience is nominal when you are giving your child the best treatment.
21 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Johnathan B John Sr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPediatric Gastroenterology Hepatology And Nutrition Of Florida, 3003 W Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Fl 3, Tampa, FL
Dr. Johnathan B John Sr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.